What is CCP?

College Credit Plus (CCP) is a dual-enrollment program administered by the Office of College Access and Transition at Youngstown State University. While enrolled in CCP, middle/high school students are eligible to receive high school and college credits. You can take courses at your high school, online, or on YSU’s campus.

At your High School: You take the course at your high school during your regular high school day. High school instructors are approved as part-time faculty by YSU academic departments to teach the college course. CCP instructors must have the same qualifications as YSU faculty on campus. The instructors meet regularly with YSU faculty mentors to ensure the class rigor meets University standards.

Online: You take the course online, taught by YSU faculty. Your high school may provide you with computer access and time to complete your work during the school day. Some online courses are only for CCP students. You first meet with your advisor and then register for courses on or after your campus registration date. Space in the course is not guaranteed. Online courses follow the same calendar, policies, and procedures as courses on campus. Read more about campus courses below.

On YSU’s Campus: You come to campus and take courses taught by YSU faculty. You follow the same policies and procedures as other YSU students. Semester start and end dates and holidays will likely differ, and snow days are rare. You will keep track of two calendars, high school and college. The academic calendar is located in the Helpful Resources section of the online CCP Program Handbook.

You receive college credit upon successful completion of the course. You have two options:

  • Option B is the more popular option. Your school district pays your tuition and textbooks, and you will earn high school and college credits for the classes.
  • Option A is another option where you choose to receive high school and college credit or only college credit. You will pay for all tuition, books, and fees. See Student Cost: Option A vs. B for more information. If you choose college credit only, the course grade is not factored into the high school grade point average.

To participate, you must submit a letter of intent to your school (or the state if you are a non-public or home-school student) by April 1. Contact your school's main office to find out how they handle this process.