Former Undergraduate Students:

Any person who has previously been admitted into an undergraduate degree program at Youngstown State University but has not maintained continuous enrollment for three or more consecutive terms is regarded as a former student. Such a student who has not attended another accredited college during his/her time away from YSU must complete an application for readmission to Youngstown State University via the Record's Office (Meshel Hall).  There is no application fee. Upon receipt of your application, you will be contacted by email or U.S. mail regarding the status of your application. You may register for classes during the registration by appointment period or open registration, depending upon when your application is received. Registration should be completed on the web, using the Penguin Portal.

To Apply in Person:  You may go to the Registration Office (Meshel Hall) or the Record's Office (Meshel Hall) to request that your academic file be reactivated and to file an application for readmission. Please bring photo identification with you.

To Apply by Mail/Fax:  You can apply for readmission by using the YSU Readmission Request Form*.  The form must be completed, signed and mailed/faxed to the address/number listed on the form. You may call the Record's Office at (330) 941-3182, to verify that the application was received by our office.

If a student has attended another accredited college during his/her time away from YSU, the student should apply to be a former transfer student through the Office of Admissions; they can be reached at (330) 941-2000.

Graduate Students

If you are a former degree-seeking graduate student, and it has been three or more consecutive semesters since you registered for a YSU course, you should contact the College of Graduate Studies  at (330) 941-3091, to reactivate your record.

*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.