Surplus Equipment

Forms and Procedures for Disposal of Surplus Items

According to YSU Surplus Policy, "property, such as equipment and other furnishings, which is no longer needed may be declared surplus and disposed of in the best interest of the University." Once the equipment or furnishings are picked up by the appropriate surplus-handling department, it becomes property of the Office of Support Services, which will facilitate the surplus' disposition according to federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including applicable grant and/or contract guidelines.

Please use the appropriate form or contact information for putting in a work order request to have Surplus removed from your office. Please refrain from setting Surplus in the hallways until you hear back from the appropriate individual in charge of that Surplus request.


How to Recycle Capital Asset Inventory
Note: this Form is to be used for ALL Capital Asset Inventory items regardless of the type of Surplus Material.

Capital Asset Inventory Release Forms are located at General Accounting [January 01, 2017 ]


How to Remove Surplus Furniture & Large Equipment From Your Department
Note: see Form below for computers and electronics recycling only.

Send a detailed email to Facilities or


How to Recycle Surplus Computers and Electronics
Note: use Capital Asset Inventory Release Form above for electronic surplus valued at $5000+ per item.

Departments must place requests through Information Technology Services (ITS) via the Tech Desk at x1595 or


Surplus Items Available

Please click YSU Surplus Policy for more information about the rules and regulations regarding Surplus at YSU.


Request Surplus Items for Campus Departments

Send an email to: or call Martyn Moss at x3236.  


Non-Profit Surplus Items Request Form (For registered Non-Profit Organizations ONLY) [May 15, 2014]

Non-Profit Surplus Item Request Form



All correspondence should be sent to the Surplus Group Email: