1. To be admitted by YSU International Admissions you need to provide a copy of your official transcripts.
  2. To start the credit transfer process, you must arrange for your official transcripts to be sent to YSU International Admissions. All Official transcripts and academic records must be in sealed envelopes from the originating institution, with an institutional stamp or signature on the closed envelop flap.
      Office of International Admissions
      Youngstown State University
      Jones Hall 1042
      1 University Plaza,
      Youngstown, OH 44555, USA
    • For U.S. universities only, if they want to send us the transcript electronically, they can do so only by a secure electronic transcript service.
    • Please checkHow to submit official Credentials for details.

  3. Once your official transcripts are received, your transcripts will be entered into our system.Depending on the school you previously attended, we may ask you for copies of course descriptions or the syllabus for the classes to get the class approved for credit into your major. Applicants must submit all materials requested in order for credit transfer to be approved.
  4. Curriculums vary from major to major. It is possible that some of your credits will not be transferred into your YSU major.
  5. Once the courses have been entered and evaluated, an email will be sent to you, providing you with the information of the number of transfer credits that can be transferred to your major.
  6. Study plans that include the transferred credit will be given to you at international student orientation when you meet with your advisor. Please note that your study plan will not be ready prior to the international student orientation.
  7. Please contact or Kathy Cody at with any questions regarding this procedure.