What is the purpose of MyYSU?
MyYSU provides the YSU community a secure online gateway where
electronic communication, teaching and learning, networking and University
business can thrive in an intranet environment. The primary goals of MyYSU
portal implementation are to:
• provide increased web access and self-service
• increase availability of and access to campus
• provide a level of technological services
that meet the ever-growing expectations of students, faculty, and staff.
• improve the way students, faculty and staff communicate among themselves
and with each other.
Who will use MyYSU?
MyYSU is for all current students, faculty and staff. You will receive access
to a common area (via Home tab and My tab) in addition to specific areas
based on your roles within the University (Student tab vs Employee tab).
How and when will MyYSU be introduced to the campus?
The first phase of MyYSU will be rolled out to pilot groups in Spring
2006. Over the late summer and early fall of 2006, MyYSU will be rolled
out to all staff, faculty and students. The first phase will include features
such as e-mail, calendar, groups and single point access for existing
computing systems, such as SID and SOLAR.
The second phase, which will be rolled out in April 2007, will include
integration with Banner Self-Service, such as student registration, student
accounts balances, etc. It will enable the University to become a truly
Unified Digital Campus.
What features does MyYSU offer?
• MyYSU portal is intended to be the primary, single-point
access for users of Banner modules, existing University computing systems,
and general communications among all campus constituencies
as well as interesting and compelling content.
• MyYSU portal will be available 24 hours,
seven days a week, from either on or off campus.
• MyYSU portal
will be the means to distribute announcements to a variety of targeted user
groups as well as the entire University community.
• MyYSU portal will provide access to an e-mail system that can
be used by students, faculty and staff as the primary means of e-mail
communication throughout the University.
• MyYSU portal will provide a calendar system for meeting and event
• MyYSU portal will provide Group Studio functionality
for announcement, file sharing, discussion groups, e-mail distribution lists
and chat room.
What are the MyYSU pilot groups for Phase I in Spring